At 23 I can still get away with a lot of things, but at 24? I think that's when I officially have to start acting my age (although I say that every year, so don't hold your breath).
Around the same time I had this realization, Erin came across my 23 in 23 post from last July, and asked me how it was going.
I immediately got excited because it gave me the perfect blog topic, plus I got to see everything I've accomplished at 23! Until I went back and saw that I am utterly failing...
Let's take a look together.
23 in 23
1. Actually use my Zumba Instructor License. Umm fail. I let that baby expire in October. Boo.
3. Gain 10lbs. And keep it on. Okay, well I gained 8 and then lost 4. but I am much healthier in general! This will be a long term goal.
4. Get my hunky boyfriend to put a ring on it. Hahahah. Ask me in 5 years ;)
5. Perfect the Southern girl hair tease. Getting better! My hairdresser and I had quite the lesson in volume and she introduced me to root lifting spray. Life. Changing.
6. Become Emily Maynard. Yeah, still haven't figured that out. But she just started a blog soo maybe she's becoming me? ;)
7. Become okay with the whole Dom joining the Navy after medical school thing. Sometimes I read Hooah and Hiccups and feel better. Otherwise, I just live in my happy denial place!
8. Become a master mixologist. Eh. I can put some things together that taste good and get the job done sooo success??
9. Learn to cook well and enjoy it. Also, a work in progress!
10. Get to 500 GFC followers. Wahoo!! Love y'all :)
11. Find my bloggy niche. Yes and no. I know the feel of my blog, so I'm just focusing on that instead of fitting into a specific niche. I think that works better for me at the moment!
12. Throw a killer bachelorette party for my best friend. Well. The MOH decided she didn't want to buy a plane ticket down here. So the party is going to be up North. And I get to buy my 234234th flight back up there. No, I'm not bitter.
13. Make friends in Florida. Sorta kinda! My friends at work are becoming actual friends, and 2 of them live with their girlfriends literally one street away. I feel a party coming on...
15. Have Dom come home from a long day at med school to a big traditional Italian meal that actually tastes good. Will prompt #4. Change med school to work and you've got it!
16. Join any kind of club that is really just an excuse to get together and drink with girlfriends.
This would require me to have girlfriends. Sooo no.
17. Travel to at least 1 new country. Mega check! Dom and I did 7 new countries in October! You can read all the recaps in my Travels page!
18. Strengthen my relationship with God. I got blessed by The Pope. That counts, right?
19. Learn to use my DSLR and photoshop that's been on my shelf for half a year. In progress! I bought a DSLR and photoshop course online, just have to find the time to do them!
20. Start attempting to have a healthier diet. Done and done! I'm so healthy 22 year old me wouldn't even recognize me.
21. Get the nerve to color my hair. Okay, so it's not so much nerve as a strong lack of desire to spend $200 on something totally unnecessary.
22. Go to Disney for the first time. Next month I'll be there! Not in Disney, but at Disney. Baby steps?
23.Pick a Florida football team and become a real fan, not just someone who loves football because calories don't count when you're watching a game. Obviously.
Let's hope my 24 in 24 list goes a little better!