This month is going to be a very big month for little Ole Hunker. We have a lot of exciting things happening, and also a lot of stress coming our way! But, by the end of the month Dom will be able to say he finished his 12 weeks of torture, and life will become much more normal. To say I'm excited would be a huge understatement!
Now, onto my goals!
1. Focus on the light at the end of the tunnel. October 22nd (when Dom is finished with these crazy 12 weeks) has loomed in our minds since July. It seemed like it would never get here, but now we're in October and it's a mere 3 weeks away. I feel like September flew by, so hopefully this day will come even sooner.
2. Try not to cry during Dom's White Coat Ceremony. On October 12, Dom's whole family and my whole family get to watch Dom get his white coat and "officially" begin his journey to doctor-dom. (hmm I meant that as doctordom, like kingdom, but now it says doctor-Dom and that's kinda exciting too) I also need to make sure my little hamlet of 329 people is ready for 10 whole visitors! We just might shut down Hunker for good.
3. Get healthy! This is a constant goal, and Dom and I are really good about being healthy. However, I'm seeing a new doc to try and get to the bottom of some issues I've been having instead of just ignoring them. It's time to feel good and energized all the time!
4. Get strong! I've been holding off on getting a membership to the Y until January, since I'm only taking 4 classes this semester and won't qualify for the student discount until then (see also: I'm poor). Then Erin got a membership to Planet Fitness and I got inspired! While I usually go to the gym for the classes, right now I really need to work on my upper body strength. I need it for work- helloooo trays larger than me that I need to hold over my head- plus a scrawny arm just isn't cute. So I joined for $10/m and plan to get my lifting on to tone up. There's no commitment, so when I'm ready to join the Y I can switch. Best of both worlds!
5. Be more intentional about housework. I tend to wait to do laundry until one of us is out of underwear (okay, that was mostly due to the spider, but it's a bad habit), or wait to deep clean rooms until company is coming or it looks so bad that I can't ignore it anymore. I'm going to really try and be intentional about it this month. Maybe allot one room for each day of the week, just to clean counters, sweep, or pick up clutter. That was the house looks nice for Dom and I to enjoy. Who likes coming home to a dirty house? Plus, our decorations look better when you can actually see them!
6. Celebrate Dom turning 24! He's such a baby!
7. Buy makeup remover. Okay, so this isn't really a goal per say, but I've been out for a week, so you can only imagine the distress I'm in every night. I always vow to buy some the next day, and then forget until it's nighttime and I can't get my industrial strength waterproof makeup off. So. Today will be the day!
8. Spend more time on the couch drinking wine and snuggling Dom. I'll be working mostly nights, but I still want to make an effort to get that quality time in each day. It will be easier if I'm good about goal 5 and am on top of the housework, so we can come home and relax instead of run around cleaning!
9. Get our gallery wall finished by the time everyone comes for White Coat. We've had some issues getting the images we want, but I really want to get it finished and up so our home will be complete!
10. See the massive rubber duck in Pittsburgh. More details to come.